Our approach to safety
“We seek to ensure that any information passing through our site is encrypted. Additionally, we do not pass on any visitor information apart from that used when placing an order. This is limited to cookie information, as all orders are placed directly with providers”.
We take privacy very seriously and have a number of measures in place to ensure your information remains safe.
- SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer and is represented by the padlock symbol and / or ‘secure’ status next to your browsers address bar. This facility opens up a secure encrypted channel between your browser and our servers.
- Normally SSL is only in-place at the checkout area of a website, where personal information such as bank, debit or credit details are submitted. As visitors do not place any transactions on this site, the SSL facility is offered as a reassurance that browsing activity is secure.
- Please do note that no absolute guarantees can be given online – in the continuing battle against hackers and viruses. We advise that you make every effort personally by installing (and keeping up-to-date) anti-virus software. Furthermore, you should keep your passwords private and renew them periodically.
- For more information on staying safe online, please see this helpful article from the UK Government
The information we do collect
Visitors to this site are prompted to submit personal information when:
- Using our post code service to check products and services available in a particular area.
- Contacting us for assistance or advice
- Entering a prize draw or competition.
- Joining our mailing list for the purposes of Newsletters.
How is this information used?
- Post codes are used solely for the purpose of comparison of products and not collected.
- To respond to a question via email or our online support service.
- To contact the winner of a prize draw or competition
- To contact you if you have opted into our Newsletters.
Cookies and the collection of data
- Cookies are also used by us and the providers featured on this site. The information in these cookies help us pass you onto your chosen provider with the product or service you have selected. This aims to give you a seamless experience.
What other information is collected?
- We use Google Webmaster Tools and similar services to help us monitor visitor numbers, type and approximate location. This also helps us optimise our website and refine the service we offer. Under no circumstances is this information used or shared with any third parties.